Steering pedestal cables
Along overdue project was to pull in the NMEA2000 data and the power cable into the steering pedestal for the Garmin chartplotter we purchased last year. We had to disassemble the whole upper part of the pedestal and unscrew the bottom cover in the engine room to be able to do this.
There was already a hole on the side of the pedestal we were planning to reuse. It was a tight fit, but we managed to pull in two cables in the same hole and seal around them with self-vulcanizing tape. We also replaced the worn out compass light wire and give everything a good clean and new grease for the inner parts and sealant for the outer parts.